1. Login and customize your profile and privacy preferences.
2. Adjust your subscription settings.
3. Start a conversation - post a message in one of the Discussion groups.
4. Start networking - go to the Directory and Find a Member to connect with.
The topic of contexualized input and silence period caught my attention.
I teach world language teaching methods to students who want to French or Spanish in the future. Since I am a native speaker of Japanese, I often provide examples in Japanese....
You got me Lance. I have to respond :)
That is truly mind boggling - 90% and 80:20. But I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive, or contradictory, or contrary.
If the premise is 80:20, which I highly support, then of the 20%...
I'm not sure that 80:20 rule is an ACTFL position. Looks like only a blog post from Jennifer Robertson Montes.
It concerns me that:
1) no evidence has been cited to support the efficacy of student-student input, and
2) no concrete method/plan to follow the 80:20 Rule has been presented from those "in the trenches" actually teaching
New resources on building proficiency and global competence in Advanced Placement Classes!
Long Beach, CA
Oak Bluffs, MA
Short Hills, NJ