Language Educators

What is the effect of free choice on student motivation in a language class?

• 1.  What is the effect of free choice on student motivation in a language class?

Posted 01-20-2018 18:47
    Edited by Mudirat Danmole-Logun 01-21-2018 03:09
    Salut, I am Mudi a world language elementary teacher (French). I am conducting an action research on "The power of choice increases motivation, increasing student engagement and improving personal study habits for second language learners in the upper elementary classes.".

I would like to hear personal stories or testimonies, what has been tried and tested by you to give insight on the topic above. My train of thought goes along with these questions,

• How will providing upper elementary English, French and Spanish second language learners the power of choice during instruction, projects and presentations increase student motivation?

• How will permitting upper elementary English, French and Spanish second language learners to use personally preferred modes and media to present their knowledge and learning lead to increased student engagement and lead to higher achievement?

• How will increasing motivation, with the use of free choice, improve personal study of upper elementary English, French and Spanish second language learners?

I thank you in advance for your participation in this request. I would also be grateful if you would be interested in participating in a survey on the same topic. Should you have any questions or information to share, I can be reached at mlogun@aislagos.org. Merci Mudi

------------------------------
    Mudirat Danmole-Logun
    mlogun@aislagos.org
    Elementary World Language (French) Teacher
    ------------------------------