Dear Colleagues:Registration is now open for the CARLA Summer Institutes for Language Teachers and Summer Institutes for Immersion Teachers!
This internationally known summer institute program reflects CARLA's commitment to link research and theory with practical applications for the classroom. Each institute is highly interactive and includes discussion, theory-building, hands-on activities, and plenty of networking opportunities. Join the more than 4,300 foreign language and ESL teachers, administrators, curriculum specialists, and language teacher educators who have participated in these institutes.
The 2014 line up includes:
- Using the Web for Communicative Language Learning and Professional Development-online course (July 7-August 10, 2014)
- Using Technology in Second Language Teaching (July 14-18, 2014)
- Focusing on Learner Language: Second Language Acquisition Basics for Teachers (July 14-18, 2014)
- Improving Language Learning: Styles- and Strategies-Based Instruction (July 14-18, 2014)
- Culture as the Core in the Second Language Classroom (July 21-25, 2014)
- Content-Based Language Instruction and Curriculum Development (July 21-25, 2014)
- Developing Assessments for the Second Language Classroom (July 28-August 1, 2014)
- Language and Culture in Sync: Teaching the Pragmatics of a Second Language (July 28-August 1, 2014)
- Developing Materials for Language Teaching (July 28-August 1, 2014)
- Immersion 101: An Introduction to Immersion Teaching for Chinese and Japanese (July 21-25, 2014)
- Immersion 101: An Introduction to Immersion Teaching (July 28-August 1, 2014)
More information is available on the CARLA website at: www.carla.umn.edu/institutes.
Registration information: www.carla.umn.edu/institutes/registration.html
Bonus! Register to win a free summer institute on CARLA's new Facebook page: www.facebook.com/carla.umn