Topic Thread

Subject: Traveling IPAD teacher

1.  Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 14 days ago
Hello colleagues!  In my 10th year of teaching Spanish, I am actually experience a *first*!  I am a  traveling Spanish 2 and Heritage Spanish 2 teacher at an Ipad school (all students are equipped with new Ipads).  As such, 90% of all the work that my students do is via "On Campus" which is a web-based school software.  We use Avancemos for the book, but I am looking for additional online tools that my students can easily use.  Do any of you have some favorites you would please share with me?   Here are some that I am looking for

* Any free programs where the students can create an account and keep track of their work/games
* Online Bingo for anything (verbs, vocabulary, pronouns, etc)
* Online jeopardy for a test review
* memory
* matching

Or, any that you all may recommend that I have not thought of.   I am also open to any best practices from teachers who have done this "traveling" Ipad teaching thing; it is very new to me and I just feel like my classes could definitely be more interactive.

------------------------------
Nadia Khan-Roberts
nkhan-roberts@columbushs.com
nadia.khanroberts@gmail.com

2.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Buenos Días! Have you looked into Quizlet? Conjuguemos also lets you set up a classroom to keep track of students, plus they can challenge each other to battleship and other games. I use iBook author to create my own texts that have interactive activities that the students can do as well. We also use Canvas. Hope this helps.
-Jen

3.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Is the conjuguemos site free to create classes? And do students need to create an account?

thank you for your reply!

Nadia Khan-Roberts
nadia.khanroberts@gmail.comEducator

4.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 11 days ago
Hello I design an ebook that works like and app. It has audio. Three books to learn basic Spanish. $1.99 each.
Home
Say it in espanol remove preview
Home
Ibilinguo and Say it in Español design multimedia Spanish and French books to learn basic vocabulary and conversation FAST!
View this on Say it in espanol >

Claudia Prada
pradaclaudia@yahoo.com

5.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Hi, Nadia:

My students love these activities.  I always get 100% engagement:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Google-Drive-Activities-Bundle-2891693

Angie

Angie Sherbondy
altespoir@sbcglobal.net
Spanish Teacher

6.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Hello Nadia,

Quizlet.com is good for most of what you've mentioned. Duolingo.com has some games. Freerice.com is a fun way to donate rice to third world nations.

I hope this helps :)

Juliet

Juliet Mallory
jmallory@raleighschool.org

7.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Buenas tardes Nadia,
Two resources I use frequently with my Spanish students are Quizlet (free) and ReCap (also free).  I appreciate the ease, flexibility, as well as the auditory and visual possiblities of Quizlet.  You can create lists and have contests OR have students create lists and send the link to you, among other things.  You are welcom to peruse some of the sets I have created. Google: quizlet, then enter my username melodiamaria in the "search quizlet.com" search bar.

ReCap is a wonderful tool!  You create questions that the students answer via video feed.  I often upload a short video clip they have to watch and then ask them to respond (in Spanish) to questions based on what they listened to/watched.  It takes a while to grade these, but they are a great way to achieve interpersonal speaking assignments or formative assessemnts.

Hope that is helpful,
Melodee

Melodee Allen
melodee.allen@gmail.com
melodee.allen@covenantchristian.net
Rhetoric Spanish Lead Teacher

8.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Hi Nadia,

Have you tried Quizlet, Kahoot or Quizizz? they are good for practice playing, and even quizzing
I haven't seeing any bingo game online, I create my own. You can also use studyspanish.com for
great notes and practice.

Gloria G.

Gloria Galarza
ggalarza@immaculateheart.org

9.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 12 days ago
Hi!

In my classroom, we do centers and the students use Duolingo, you can create a class and have your students create an account and be added to your class, they can take a placement test and the site (you can also download the app) create activities towards what they need.  I love the app/website.

Korina Gonzales
korinagonzales@gmail.com
Spanish Teacher

10.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 11 days ago
Good morning,

I really like Quizlet as well and think the upgraded "Teacher" version is well worth the cost.  It allows for a more robust experience including Quizlet Live for practice.  I particularly like that the "flip" of the Spanish word can be a picture as well as the audio option for the students to listen to the pronunciation.  The tracking of the student use onQuizlet can get dicey; check how the students must do their work for it to be recorded on the Quizlet site.  Quia has lots of games but the iPads do not a few of them.  I do think Recap has great capabilities but the changes over the summer have left me stumped.  I also like studyspanish.com which allows for the creation of classes  for the tracking of student progress with a paid subscription but can also be used for just plain ole' practice.

Good luck!
Kathy

Kathleen Norwood
knorwood@stmarysannapolis.org

11.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 11 days ago
Great, thank you!

Nadia Khan-Roberts
nadia.khanroberts@gmail.comEducator

12.  RE: Traveling IPAD teacher

Posted 11 days ago
Nadia,

U sed Go Animated , but it is not free. The voice is very good when creating the videos in various languages.

Here is the link: Create Animated Videos for your Business | GoAnimate.com
GoAnimate remove preview
Create Animated Videos for your Business | GoAnimate.com
Make animated videos online for your business with GoAnimate. Create animated marketing videos, sales videos, explainer videos, training videos and elearning videos. Make video presentations and produce video advertising. Use our powerful animation software to increase the ROI on your video.
View this on GoAnimate >

[Adoracion] [Berry] [Ed.D.]
[aberry@memphis.edu][Instructional Designer and Instructor]