Topic Thread

Subject: NEW - Educator Resources Community

Thread closed by the administrator. It is viewable, but not accepting new replies.

1.  NEW - Educator Resources Community

Posted 12-12-2016 14:32
No replies, thread closed.

Dear ACTFL Community,

Thank you for your continued engagement throughout this year! In order to help organize the Community a little better, we have created an "Educator Resources" Community. All non-ACTFL events and services must be posted in this Community. Examples include (but are not limited to): call for proposals/submissions, conference information, publications, educational programs, and continuing education opportunities. Please note, job postings will still not be allowed and must be posted on Job Central. Posts of an overtly commercial nature are not allowed on the Community, please contact our Exhibits Manager for information about advertising.

Posts that promote a non-ACTFL event or service will be deleted and moved to the Educator Resources Community. This will allow for these posts to remain in one central location so that users can go back and find posts more easily.

Thank you for your collaboration, we look forward to a successful 2017 with you! 

------------------------------
Genevieve Borello
American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
Membership Manager
gborello@actfl.org
(703) 894-2900

2.  RE: NEW - Educator Resources Community

Posted 12-15-2016 21:39

Hi,

It looks an excellent idea. "Educator Resources," and I believe here the focus is on the Second Language Educator. Is that correct? Will his forum be just to inform ACTFL members about the events and the other examples you have mentioned? Or the Educator Resources Community will be providing mentoring, advising and more support. Particularly for the new members or the members would like to develop in Language field but they lack the tools and experience?

Thank you .

Lubna Stevens

Lubna Stevens
lubnastevens1970@gmail.com

3.  RE: NEW - Educator Resources Community

Posted 12-16-2016 10:44

Hi Lubna,

The Educator Resources forum was created as a centralized location to house all the non-ACTFL announcements. This will allow users to more easily find these resources since they will not be buried in discussions. The other forums on the Community will continue to serve as a place to connect and share advice and best practices. There are multiple Communities that are available to join as members that include language specific as well as level specific. These Communities will continue to serve as a location for current and new members to connect and converse. The only change is that we are now asking for all non-ACTFL programs, products, and services to be housed in this one location instead of spread throughout the Community.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions or need anything else.

Genevieve Borello
American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
Membership Manager
gborello@actfl.org
(703) 894-2900

4.  RE: NEW - Educator Resources Community

Posted 12-17-2016 10:19

I am a retired teacher but still a member of Maine AATG Chapter.  I am not a member of ACTFL as I can only afford the fees for one membership.  However, I would still like to post events by the Maine Chapter, especially or annual Deutsche Woche in Bar Harbor, Maine, an educational seminar for teachers of German at all levels.  I have been deleted from the other community, so I'm hoping my information will be allowed in this one.  I am attaching the brochure and application for Deutsche Woche, and hope that you will allow these items to remain posted in this forum.

Suzanne Joy, Coordinator of Deutsche Woche in Bar Harbor, AATG Maine

Suzanne Joy
Kennebec Valley Community College
looney@uninets.net