Language Educators

Storage solutions/ideas for Sony Digital Recorders

• 1.  Storage solutions/ideas for Sony Digital Recorders

Posted 10-26-2017 06:14
    Does anybody have a creative storage solution for the Sony Digital Recorders? We have approximately 50 or so devices for our AP classes and are researching ways to not only store them safely but also transporting them room to room.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Kathleen Pratt
    kpratt@lths.org

• 2.  RE: Storage solutions/ideas for Sony Digital Recorders

Posted 10-27-2017 15:43
    Could be a great opportunity for another class (wood shop, engineering, makerspace, etc) to tackle an authentic problem and offer a solution that gets implemented.

Pura vida,

Noah Geisel
    puravidanoah@gmail.com
    @SenorG

• 3.  RE: Storage solutions/ideas for Sony Digital Recorders

Posted 10-30-2017 08:03
      |   view attached
    I have attached a photo of a holder I  made from old jean pockets. I have students put their phones in the pockets during a quiz or test.
    Photo

Lorra Metko
    lorrametko@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Storage solutions/ideas for Sony Digital Recorders

Posted 10-31-2017 11:15
    Wow, Lorra!  That is awesome!  I used a similar pocket version that I bought and students turned in their phones at the beginning of each period.  I wrote their names on each pocket.  However, I realized that the transparent pockets work better because I can see, instantaneously, who had turned their phones in.  Luckily, I had two TAs who checked them every morning and told me who the offending phone-keepers were.

I do not want to compete with phones nor have my students distracted and tempted by them.  They keep them when we use them for instructions for Kahoot and other games.

Angie

Angie Torre
    altespoir@sbcglobal.net
    Spanish Teacher