Language Educators

Topic: Professional development in DC - teaching with comprehensible input 

1.  Professional development in DC - teaching with comprehensible input

Posted 09-29-2017 05:44

Hi ACTFL friends!

Please share with colleagues in the DC area. We have found that monthly job-embedded PD is a really powerful tool, especially when more than one person attends from the same department/school.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warmly,

Anna

Dear colleagues,

Rachelle Adams and I are pleased to announce that we are once again offering a monthly professional development series entitled Teaching With Comprehensible Input: The What, Why, and How. New this year is a level 2 series, Teaching with Comprehensible Input: Taking Your Skills to the Next Level for those who already have a solid background in teaching with CI.

Here is a taste of the feedback we received at the end of last year's six-session series:

• This program should be taught in every school that offers [a] world language program.

• CI [Comprehensible Input] gives you a more holistic approach... [it] appeal[s] to the heart and the intellect.

• [I learned that] as language teachers we are the front lines of multiculturalism, and we need to take on that role with our students, parents, colleagues, and administration.

• I have seen my students becoming more risk takers.

• I love that both of you have very different styles and you both work well together. This helps different types of learners (and teachers) to connect to your sessions!

• Thank you for your amazing energy and positive feedback every time.

• I loved it. I felt very comfortable. The sessions were well-planned and [well]-structure[d].

Below is information about both of the series-just click on the titles for more information.

Please also share with colleagues in other schools.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Anna Gilcher

Anna Gilcher, PhD

Your brain can learn French!

French lessons & classes for all ages and brains

www.annagilcher.com

Check out my blog! annagilcherphd.wordpress.com

TEACHING WITH COMPREHENSIBLE INPUT

SCHOOL YEAR 2017-2018 OFFERINGS

with Rachelle Adams and Anna Gilcher, PhD

Teaching with Comprehensible Input: The Why, What, and How

Six-session job-embedded professional development series + 1 school visit for classroom observation and personalized coaching session

Six Saturdays from 9:00am-12:00pm 11/18/17, 12/9/17, 1/20/18, 2/10/18, 3/10/18 + 5/12/18 for final reflection

Total cost: $425

Location: Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Charter School; 3700 Oakview Terrace, NE; Washington, DC 20017

NEW for 2017-2018!

Teaching with Comprehensible Input: Taking Your Skills to the Next Level

Six-session job-embedded professional development series + 1 school visit for classroom observation and personalized coaching session

Six Saturdays from 1:00pm-4:00pm 11/18/17, 12/9/17, 1/20/18, 2/10/18, 3/10/18, 5/12/18

Total cost: $425

Location: Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Charter School; 3700 Oakview Terrace, NE; Washington, DC 20017

→ for more info about Anna Gilcher, PhD go to www.annagilcher.com

→ for more info about Rachelle Adams, go to www.elevateeducationconsulting.com

Anna Gilcher, PhD
Your brain can learn French!
French lessons for all ages and brains

Check out my blog! annagilcherphd.wordpress.com