Language Educators

1.  Assessment Survey for Language Educators

Posted 07-31-2013 18:03
I am currently in Peru on a Fulbright scholar grant, and I am hoping that you will help me with my Fulbright research project!

Research suggests that educators spend at least of 30% of their time on assessment activities and that high quality assessment practices are related to increased student motivation and achievement. Assessment is also receiving a lot of attention in current curriculum reform and professional development efforts. Through my Fulbright grant, I am conducting research on the assessment practices and preparation of language teachers because I think that it is important that we understand teachers' assessment skills and concerns and how to support them in this area.

I have administered an electronic survey that aims to investigate language teachers' level of confidence in utilizing key assessment strategies. I have already administered it to a cohort of Peruvian language teachers and would like to explore potential similarities and differences with teachers from other countries.

If you are currently a language teacher, I invite you to complete the survey at:

The survey is confidential and voluntary and will take about 10 minutes to complete. I will also send you a summary of the results if you are interested.

Thank you in advance for your participation, and feel free to contact me with questions.

Susan Gracia

Director of Assessment
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115

2.  RE:Assessment Survey for Language Educators

Posted 08-01-2013 16:16
Some of you very helpfully pointed out a few errors in the assessment survey for language educators at

These errors have been corrected!  There is no need to redo the survey if you have already completed it; I will account for the errors in my analysis.  However, I wanted to let you know that the issues have been rectified.

I apologize for any inconvenience/confusion this may have caused.  Thank you for your patience and participation.

Susan Gracia

Susan Gracia