Print Message

RE: Traveling IPAD teacher
 To: Language Educators
 Posted: 10-09-2017 14:44
Two resources I use frequently with my Spanish students are Quizlet (free) and ReCap (also free).  I appreciate the ease, flexibility, as well as the auditory and visual possiblities of Quizlet.  You can create lists and have contests OR have students create lists and send the link to you, among other things.  You are welcom to peruse some of the sets I have created. Google: quizlet, then enter my username melodiamaria in the "search" search bar.

ReCap is a wonderful tool!  You create questions that the students answer via video feed.  I often upload a short video clip they have to watch and then ask them to respond (in Spanish) to questions based on what they listened to/watched.  It takes a while to grade these, but they are a great way to achieve interpersonal speaking assignments or formative assessemnts.

Hope that is helpful,

Melodee Allen
Rhetoric Spanish Lead Teacher
Original Message:
Sent: 10-07-2017 18:50
Subject: Traveling IPAD teacher

Hello colleagues!  In my 10th year of teaching Spanish, I am actually experience a *first*!  I am a  traveling Spanish 2 and Heritage Spanish 2 teacher at an Ipad school (all students are equipped with new Ipads).  As such, 90% of all the work that my students do is via "On Campus" which is a web-based school software.  We use Avancemos for the book, but I am looking for additional online tools that my students can easily use.  Do any of you have some favorites you would please share with me?   Here are some that I am looking for

* Any free programs where the students can create an account and keep track of their work/games
* Online Bingo for anything (verbs, vocabulary, pronouns, etc)
* Online jeopardy for a test review
* memory
* matching

Or, any that you all may recommend that I have not thought of.   I am also open to any best practices from teachers who have done this "traveling" Ipad teaching thing; it is very new to me and I just feel like my classes could definitely be more interactive.

Nadia Khan-Roberts

© 2018 ACTFL, All Rights Reserved.