Print Message

RE: Technology in the Classroom
 To: Language Educators
 Posted: 02-09-2018 11:52

I have been teaching Spanish for the last 15 years. I have a Master in Edu Technology, and I recently became a Google for Education Trainer. I use technology in my classroom everyday. I work at a 1:1 iPad school, and I do all my lesson plans hyperlink to different activities. I use Google Apps, specially doc, slides, sites and forms. Outside Google there are a bunch of apps that I love.
For instance, for writing you can use sites such as: Storybird, Pow Toon, Makebeliefscomix, for speaking: Voicethread, Flipgrid, Voki, and any recorder like quicktime player, or audacity. Overall, the inclusion of technology in the class has become an everyday thing, you are transforming your old lesson plans, and they are becoming interactive and engaging with out loosing their authenticity.

Hope this helps,
Carolina

------Original Message------

Hi everyone,

My name is Jake and I am currently a graduate student studying teaching .  I will be teaching Spanish once I graduate.

I'm wondering how often do you use technology in your classroom and how helpful has it been?  If you use it a lot, do you have any recommendations for any technology resources that have been helpful to you in your language classes?  It could be a website, an application, or even a video game, just any sort of technology that you have found useful in your teaching.  It's for a technology class I'm in #pacificutech but I'm sure it will be helpful in my future teaching career.  Thank you for your thoughts and help!

-Jake

------------------------------
Jake Harder
hard8160@pacificu.edu
------------------------------

© 2018 ACTFL, All Rights Reserved.