Message Image  

Language Educators

Latest Shared Files

Announcements

• NFMLTA/MLJ/ACTFL announce dissertation support grants competition

The National Federation of Modern Language Teachers' Associations (NFMLTA), the Modern Language Journal (MLJ) and ACTFL are pleased to announce a call for applications for the NFMLTA/MLJ/ACTFL Dissertation Support Grants. The purpose of this collaboration between ACTFL and NFMLTA is to help support three graduate students during the research and writing phase of their dissertations that focus on the field of language teaching and learning. Awardees will receive a check in the amount of $2,500. An announcement of the recipients will occur at the time of the ACTFL 2015 Convention as well as via electronic and print media. Applications are due Sept. 30.

• Submit an article for a Special Focus Topic: January/February 2016

What has changed from the original Standards to the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages? What effective strategies are helping learners use or demonstrate their new language meaningfully? How are educators redesigning instruction and assessment to reflect the updated Standards? Deadline: Oct. 1.

Community Blogs

• The iFLT conference is for proficiency-minded language teachers who are serious about helping students develop fluency in any target language. For more information, visit http://tinyurl.com/iFLT15

Not Yet Rated
  • Profile Picture

iFLT Conference

The 4th annual International Forum on Language Teaching will be held July 14-17, 2015 at Tartan High School in Oakdale, MN. The iFLT Conference is a progressive language teaching conference focuses on best-practices in second language teaching...

Not Yet Rated
  • UPDATE on ¡Buen camino! A reading & listening language adventure in Spanish book series: There is a SPANISH WRITING COMPETITION for College and High-school students taking place right now. The deadline for submissions is April...

Not Yet Rated
  • As we begin the new year, I would like to welcome all of our SIG members—new and established—to the exciting discussions we have begun regarding language, culture, and how they are intertwined. As you have heard from the conference or related...

Average of 2 Ratings
  • Hello to all Cutlure SIG members! As the semester ends at my university, I am moved and impressed by the work that our teacher candidates have accomplished. I have the incredible opportunity to work with colleagues who believe in the power of...

1 Rating
One moment, processing...