The 2016 Institute of International Education (IIE) Summit on Generation Study Abroad will take place on October 23-25, 2016 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. The 2016 IIE Summit will bring education, government and business leaders and together for action-oriented discussion on how to ensure international experience is a key part of a 21st century education and make study abroad opportunities available to all. ACTFL is a strategic partner of IIE’s Generation Study Abroad program. IIE welcomes participation from the ACTFL members to the 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad.
Please use the following code when registering as an ACTFL Member: GSA2016_ACTFL. This code is for ACTFL members who are not teachers. You will receive the early bird Commitment Partner rate through April 1. ACTFL Members who are K-12 teachers are encouraged to register as Teachers on the website to receive the teacher rate of $250.
Who Should Attend?
• Presidents, Senior International Officers (SIOs), senior level administrators and faculty from U.S. and international higher education institutions
• Directors of Career Services, Diversity and Study Abroad/International Offices, and Alumni and Donor Relations
• CEOs and senior HR professionals from the private and public sector
• Principals, teachers, and administrators from K-12 schools (particularly high schools) and school districts actively engaged or interested in global competence education
• Representatives of education associations and study abroad organizations
• Representatives of organizations focused on youth leadership and access to global education
• Representatives of professional associations focused on global talent and workforce development
• Government representatives from education, foreign affairs, and trade departments