search criteria = ALL
Language Educators sorted by thread

Assessment Survey for Language EducatorsJul 31, 2013 6:03 PMSusan Gracia
  RE:Assessment Survey for Language EducatorsAug 01, 2013 4:16 PMSusan Gracia

Assessment Survey for Language Educators
To: Language Educators
Posted: Jul 31, 2013 6:03 PM
Subject: Assessment Survey for Language Educators
I am currently in Peru on a Fulbright scholar grant, and I am hoping that you will help me with my Fulbright research project!

Research suggests that educators spend at least of 30% of their time on assessment activities and that high quality assessment practices are related to increased student motivation and achievement. Assessment is also receiving a lot of attention in current curriculum reform and professional development efforts. Through my Fulbright grant, I am conducting research on the assessment practices and preparation of language teachers because I think that it is important that we understand teachers' assessment skills and concerns and how to support them in this area.

I have administered an electronic survey that aims to investigate language teachers' level of confidence in utilizing key assessment strategies. I have already administered it to a cohort of Peruvian language teachers and would like to explore potential similarities and differences with teachers from other countries.

If you are currently a language teacher, I invite you to complete the survey at:

https://www.research.net/s/assessmentsurvey2

The survey is confidential and voluntary and will take about 10 minutes to complete. I will also send you a summary of the results if you are interested.

Thank you in advance for your participation, and feel free to contact me with questions.

-------------------------------------------
Susan Gracia

Director of Assessment
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
susan.gracia@simmons.edu
sgracia@ric.edu

Not Yet Rated
Your Rating

RE:Assessment Survey for Language Educators
To: Language Educators
Posted: Aug 01, 2013 4:16 PM
Subject: RE:Assessment Survey for Language Educators
Some of you very helpfully pointed out a few errors in the assessment survey for language educators at 

https://www.research.net/s/assessmentsurvey2

These errors have been corrected!  There is no need to redo the survey if you have already completed it; I will account for the errors in my analysis.  However, I wanted to let you know that the issues have been rectified.

I apologize for any inconvenience/confusion this may have caused.  Thank you for your patience and participation.

Susan Gracia

Susan Gracia
sgracia@ric.edu
susan.gracia@simmons.edu

Show Original Message
Not Yet Rated
Your Rating